THE BENEFITS OF ESSENTIAL OILS – PART 2
HAPPY DECEMBER HONEYS!
I HOPE ALL IS WELL!
Are you ready to learn more about Essential Oils?!?
As promised, here is PART-2 of the 2-Part Series on the Benefits of Essential Oils. It will definitely not be the end of talking about essential oils because these oils are just so magical✨ and so good for your well-being. I hope you’ve learned a lot from the last post because you are in for another treat!
Last time, I went over the benefits of Frankincense, Myrrh, Tea tree, Peppermint, Lemon, Lavender, and Rosemary essential oils.
IF YOU HAVEN’T HAD A CHANCE TO READ IT, CHECKED OUT PART 1 OF THIS 2-PART SERIES ON ESSENTIAL OILS
In this post, we will be covering the benefits of Eucalyptus, Clove, Oregano, Grapefruit, Orange, Geranium Rose, and Cedarwood oil.
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils are potent substances that come from plants. Each oil contains hundreds of natural compounds. Before the seedling (the baby plant) becomes a plant, and before it is able to make its own food (sugar and starch), it uses the nutrients of essential oils from its seed to survive. This shows that essential oils are packed with only good stuff!
Essential oils work like hormones. They can regulate our endocrine system (chemical messenger system) affecting and supporting our immune system (fight bacterial and viruses), circulation system (blood and nutrients), and respiratory system, and all that, at the cellular level!✨
LET’S GET INTO THE 2nd SET OF 7 ESSENTIAL OILS
8. EUCALYPTUS ESSENTIAL OIL
Two words that comes in mind…. SPA DAY!💆🏾
Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties
- Great for muscle recovery and decrease aching muscle pain by reducing inflammation
- Similar to peppermint oil, it also helps lower lactic acid buildup during exercise
- Helps with breathing by enhances oxygenation and reduce upper respiratory tract infections
- Helps with allergies, asthma, and bronchitis, and symptoms of the cold and flu
- Reduces cough and helps with nasal congestion (by loosening mucus)
- Reduces headache and fever
- Helps with symptoms of jet lag
- Also regulates blood sugar
How to use Eucalyptus Essential Oil
All Natural Vicks Vapor Rub
- Dilute 7 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 3 drops of peppermint oil
- 1 cup of the carrier oil of your choice
- Rub the oil mixture on the affected area (nose, neck, chest, sole of the feet)
DIY Instant Cold/Hot Gel Compress
The same mixture can be use to massage sore muscles and aching joints
FACTS: Vick’s Vapor Rub contains a small amount of eucalyptus oil (approximately 1.2%)
9. CLOVE ESSENTIAL OIL
Benefits of Clove Essential Oil
- Has antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties
- Great for boosting the immune system
- Amazing for dental hygiene; relieves toothache
- Fights Candida (fungal infection)
- Great source of antioxidant; it also contains minerals, vitamins, and fiber
- Aids with digestion
- Helps treat acne and other skin conditions
- Reduces fever
- Treats symptoms associate with warts and treats wounds
- Similar to eucalyptus oil, it helps with respiratory tract conditions
- You can cook with it
How to use Clove Essential Oil
Mama’s Tooth Pain Relief Mouthwash
- 2 cups of water
- 7 drops of clove oil
- 3 drops of peppermint oil
- 10 ml of Himalayan salt
Disgusting to the taste, YES, but very effective!
You can also make this DIY mouthwash from actual clove: Check out FeastForAFraction!
Boost Your Immune System
- Dilute clove oil in your favorite carrier oil, and rub it on your body
- Add a few drops in a diffuser
Potpourri Style Blend
If you want to do an oil blend with clove oil (because clove oil doesn’t have the most wonderful smell), it mixes well with other spicy essential oils like orange, frankincense, cinnamon, and cedarwood oil.
10. OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL
Benefits of Oregano Essential Oil
- Natural antibiotic (slows down bacterial infections)
- Has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties
- High amount of antioxidants
- Helps treat and reduce cold sores
- You can cook with it by using it as the actual herb
- Reduces dandruff and psoriasis
- Helps to reduce varicose veins
- Treat the common cold
- Controls bacterial growth in the gut and it’s good for digestion
How to use Oregano Essential Oil
As recommended by Dr. Axe, you can dilute oregano oil and apply it on the sole of your feet.
Treat a Core Sore
- Dilute 3 drops of oregano oil
- 1 drop of each, tea tree, peppermint, and eucalyptus oil
- 25 ml of coconut oil (because it has antiviral properties)
- Rub the mixture on the affected area with a cotton swab
Dilute oregano oil PROPERLY because it is very strong and will burn your whole face. I’m talking from experience 😅…
Imagine applying way too much oregano oil to your painful cold sore and using the same fingers (I didn’t use a cotton swab!) with the oil and wiping your tears from the burning and pain… and at the same time, getting oregano oil in your eyes accidentally… lol don’t judge, you live and you learn right! 😅🤣. Just learn from my painful experience!
Also, start using the mixture as soon as you feel the symptoms of the cold sore. The earlier you apply it, the faster you can reduce the virus. Sometimes it kills the virus before the cold sore even has a chance to grow… you’re very welcome! 😉
FACTS: Core sore is caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus. In my microbiology class, we learned that we all carry the herpes virus in our body, it’s just stays dormant in the body for some of us or pops and says hello for the rest of us… just some food for thought.
11. GRAPEFRUIT ESSENTIAL OIL
Benefits of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Has antibacterial properties
- Reduces stress, anxiety and it’s great for relaxation
- Suppress appetite, therefore helps in weight loss
- Good sugar substitute
- Contains antioxidant vitamin C
- Fight inflammation
- Help with detoxication of the body (i.e. hangover)
- Boost body metabolism and the immune system
- Great to add in house cleaning products
- Smells extremely good!
How to use Grapefruit Essential Oil
Immune System Booster
- 2 cups of water
- 5 drops of grapefruit oil
- Drink it! 💦💦💦
- 1/2 of plain greek yogurt
- 5 drops of grapefruit oil
- Leave mask for 10-15 minutes
- As effective as Alpha Hydroxy Acid
Few drops In Your Diffuser
- Inhale and relax
12. ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Benefits of Orange Essential Oil
Since orange oil is from a citrus fruit just like grapefruit oil and lemon oil, they share similar properties. Their oils are extracted from the rind (the outer skin of the fruit).
These 3 oils help with boosting the “happy hormone” serotonin which we definitely all need right now during this pandemic.
It’s crazy that we throw away the skin of most fruits and vegetables ignoring the fact that many nutrients are found in their rind.
- Has antimicrobial properties
- Reduces symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression (it relaxes you)
- Contains antioxidant vitamin C
- Great to add few drops in your DIY home cleaning spray
- Helps with insomnia
- Promotes the production of collagen in the skin and reduce skin aging
- Also helps with circulation and skin texture
- Boosts the immune system and help with the common cold
How to use Orange Essential Oil
Natural Home Scent
- Cinnamon sticks
- Anise stars
- Add a few drops of orange essential oil instead of the orange peels
- Let the mixture simmer at a very low temperature
This concoction will have your house smelling SO GOOD!!!
DITCH THE CANDLES & THE AIR FRESHENER! USE OILS INSTEAD!
Candles are made of paraffin wax and when they are burned, it releases harmful chemicals. Candles are basically No Bueno for you… SORRY!
These harmful chemicals are inhaled and are even absorbed through your skin. YAAAKKKK!!! 🤢
Some of these chemicals are benzene, toluene, and formaldehyde which are known as CARCINOGENS… 👀
Even when burning sage and essence sticks, both release small particles that can affect your lungs. BE CAREFUL!
- Put a few drops in your diffuser
- Or rub a few drops in your hands and inhale directly
Morning Facial Cleanser
- 60 ml of filtered water
- 7-10 drops of orange oil in a spray bottle
- Sprit mixture on your face for a quick cleanse to refresh your skin
Make sure to use a glass spray bottle and keep the mixture refrigerated. Because there are no preservatives, the mixture can only last between 2-4 weeks. Make small batches!
13. GERANIUM ROSE ESSENTIAL OIL
Another oil that smells so good!! 🌹🌹🌹
Benefits of Geranium Rose Essential Oil
- Has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Increases cerebral blood flow
- Helps with depression, anxiety and relieves stress
- Reduces respiratory infection
- Contains antioxidants
- Balance hormones and improves symptoms of PMS
- Great for skin care: reduces wrinkles, enhance the skin, and heal scars
- Regulates secretion and the production of sebum (control excess oil in hair)
- Promotes hair growth and strengthens them
GERANIUM ROSE OIL, ROSE OIL & ROSEHIP OIL… HAVE YOU EVER WONDER IF THEY ARE ALL THE SAME?
Geranium rose oil, rose oil, and rosehip oil are not the same oils as they are derived from different species of roses and different parts of the flower.
Geranium rose oil is extracted from the leaves of Pelargonium graveolens.
Rosehip oil is extracted from the fruit and seeds of the Rosa canina.
FACTS: Rose oil has similar effects as Hyaluronic Acid which has anti-inflammatory properties and promotes healthy skin. Just in case, you were on your way to Sephora to blow all your money… 🙄
How to use Geranium Rose Essential Oil
- Add a few drops of geranium oil in your shampoo
- Dilute the oil in your favorite carrier oil and rub it in the area where there is pain
For Your Skin Care
- 5-7 drops of geranium oil in 30 ml of carrier oil or aloe vera gel
14. CEDARWOOD ESSENTIAL OIL
Similar to frankincense and myrrh oil, cedarwood is a biblical oil.
I have to admit I haven’t tried cedarwood oil. But of course, the benefits of this oil are just unbelievable!
Benefits of Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties
- Great for treating acne
- Great for hair growth and scalp health and reduce hair loss
- Help with sleep
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Great base oil for making a DIY perfume/cologne
How to use Cedarwood Essential Oil
FREE HOME THERAPHY
1:1 ratio of cedarwood oil and hyssop oil (another oil I haven’t tried)
- ONE. Rub oil mix on your right upper ear to relieve problems associate with your parents
- TWO. Rub oil mix on your right thumb and put it on the roof of your mouth (to speed absorption to the limbic system) to relieve the blockage of learning new material
- THREE. Rub oil mix on your right big toe to relieve bad habits and compulsive behavior
Rubbing the mixture of oils on the 3 Emotional Releasing Points can help with releasing emotional blocks and traumatic childhood experiences.
Like I have mentioned in PART 1, a lot of our body pain, conditions, and illnesses can be based on early traumas. These traumas are not always physical, they can be spiritually and emotionally based.
💥💥💥AND VOILA!💥💥💥 14 different Essential Oils with so MANY healing possibilities!
I hope this series has motivated you to replacer and reorganized your HOME PHARMACY & SKINCARE REGIMEN.
ALSO, DON’T FORGET TO DILUTE DILUTE DILUTE YOUR OILS! 😆
Forget about Bath & Body Works! Stop by my SHOP to get you and your loved ones some essential oils as a Christmas gift (or regular gift)!
If you already have essential oils at home, take the time to verify that they are Pure, Certify organic, and Non-GMO. Don’t mess with any of those blended and synthetic oils!
The results and benefits of essentials oils compared to mainstream products can take longer to take effect but at least you know they won’t harm or alter your cells as some of the other products do.
Especially when we are young, we do not see how we are destroying, little by little, our bodies. A lot of the results of aging are from our early lifestyle.
Let me know in the comments which oils are your favorites and which oils you would like to try in the future. My favorites are frankincense oil, lemon oil, orange oil, and geranium rose oil and I want to try cedarwood and hyssop oil.
Check Out! PART 1
We’ll chat again very soon!
HAVE A GOOD DAY & A BLESSED MONTH!
HIPPOCRATES said, “the greatest medicine of all is to teach people how NOT to need it”
“Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed below are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission“